If you are visiting Mudgee this school holidays with kids, there are bunches of things which will keep them entertained. Mudgee is more than just wineries, so don't think twice if you are thinking about coming out to this beautiful region this Summer with your family.
1. The Mid-Western Regional Council Library are hosting activities for kids aged between 3-12 years from January 15 to January 25, 2019. The activities include Bug Activity Stations where little ones between 3- 5 choose from four different activity stations all centred around different creepy crawlies and bugs. For children aged between 9-12 activities include using paint to make a ladybug rock and decorate a flowerpot. And for the kids aged between 6-8 they get to use their imagination to create their very own curious litter bug creature from different materials. All activities are free, but you do need to register to attend. Check it out Here.
2. Celebrate the end of 2018 on New Year's Eve at Parklands Resort with music, kids activities, local food + beverage stalls and a fireworks display at 9pm. Entry is free and commences at 4pm. For more information check it out Here.
3. Dunn's Swamp is nestled in the Wollemi National Park and is a great spot. The kids can go fishing, walking, canoeing and swimming. It also has camping facilities if that is your cup of tea. It is around a 60 minute drive from Mudgee to get there via Rylstone but if you make a day of it, you won't regret it. Click here for details.
4. On Sunday the 13th of January the Mudgee Miniature Railway will be operating on the corner of Ulan Road and Buckaroo Lane, Mudgee. Take a picnic for lunch and then jump on board the 3 ½” & 5” gauge steam, petrol & electric locomotives on their 518.5 metre ( 1700 foot ) track. Opening hours are from 10am - 2pm and prices start from $2 per ride. For more information click Here
5. The Mudgee Honey Haven is one of Mudgee's premier tourist attractions with a range of experiences for the whole family. With the widest selection of honeys available you can taste trial each variety of honey before you decide on your favourites. The kids get to have a good time with a game of putt putt on their new 18 hole course. They'll also love watching the bees hard at work through a special glass window which shows a cross section of a real working bee hive.
A great place to stay with a family is the Mudgee Getaway Cottages, a farm-stay in the heart of Mudgee. The cottages back onto an enormous expanse of land, with vegetable gardens and lots of hutches with rabbits and guinea pigs to cuddle. Their facilities also include a children’s animal farm with chickens, a turkey, a pony, a donkey, an emu and a camel. It also has an old tractor they can climb on, chip’n’put golf course and relaxing picnic spots throughout!
And the bonus! They offer babysitting with prior arrangement, so mum and dad can enjoy a wine tour with Country Escape Tours without worrying about what the kids are up to!!